Pastoral Care System
Student Pastoral Care
In keeping with the tradition of the Presentation Order, the Pastoral Care Programme of Colaiste na Toirbhirte aims to promote the well-being of the individual within the School community. To ensure its effectiveness, the following supports are in place.
- Each year group has a Year Head whose role is to ensure the smooth organisation of that year group
- Each class has a Class Tutor who aspires to meet the needs of the student in the class context
- We have a supportive chaplain, Fr. John O’Donovan. Members of the RE team, staff and the school chaplain meet regularly
- Counselling is an integral part of the Pastoral Care system where students are supported in the event of a crisis or loss and we have a Counsellor who visits every week.
- Social, Personal and Health Education Programme aims towards development of all aspects of the individual student
- The Meitheal Programme enables senior students to act as mentors to First Years
- Supervised study for students four evenings a week
- Study skills programmes are ongoing for all students
- The Year Heads and Care Team meet on a weekly basis.